Applying Blanket Binding
Wrights®Blanket Binding has woven edges. That means there is no need to use a zig zag stitch when applying it. Additionally, when washed and dried it will not fray nor loose it's luster.
The thickness of blanket may cause binding to pucker. This can be reduced by loosening stitch tension.
Blanket binding is folded slightly off center for ease of use. Place narrow side up when applying.
What's Great About Blanket Binding?
- It's woven edges won't fray
- It's completely washable and dryable
- It's folded to make using it extra easy
- It's 100% polyester for a beautiful luster
1.With narrow side up, fold blanket binding over edge of fabric, pin in place and stitch as close to the woven edge of the blanket binding as possible.
2. To bind around a corner,sew blanket binding to corner of fabric, as shown. Stop at corner, remove from sewing machine, and clip threads. DO NOT CUT BLANKET BINDING.
3.Fold blanket binding around corner so that a neatly mitered pleat is formed on the top and bottom at the corner and pin.
4. Place fabric under pressure foot at the mitered pleat and begin to sew, making sure to backtack at the mitered pleat.